Your personal data is important to you so we apply strict security standards.
Uncle Buck Finance LLP trading as Uncle Buck.
At Uncle Buck, we understand the security and privacy of your personal data is important to you, so we apply strict security standards to how we store and use your personal data. Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices.
At Uncle Buck Finance LLP (“Uncle Buck”, “we”, “us” and “our”), we understand the security and privacy of your personal data is important, so we apply strict security standards to how we store and use your personal data.
Uncle Buck is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with company registration number OC356091. Our registered office is 707 Churchill Way, Biggin Hill Airport, Westerham, Kent TN16 3BN. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with firm reference number 673545. Uncle Buck Finance LLP is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) with registration number Z2487954.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, contact details (for example, your email address(es) and telephone number(s)), marital status, employment information and financial information. We will collect this information from:
- forms that you have completed on our website (www.unclebuck.co.uk) (the “Site”);
- third parties such as credit brokers where you have provided the information to them (for example by filling in forms on their websites) and consented for the information to be passed to us;
- credit reference agencies (“CRAs”) and fraud prevention agencies (“FPAs”).
- Publicly available records, such as County Court Judgments (“CCJs”), bankruptcies and electoral register information.
- Correspondence and records of all contact with you, including any call recordings (as calls between us may be recorded and monitored for security and training purposes).
- Details of transactions carried out through our Site and in relation to your loan(s).
- Information contained in surveys that you have completed and that we use for research purposes.
- Any other information you provide to us.
Uncle Buck collects and processes your data in order to provide you with access to high cost short term personal loans and to help to prevent fraud and money laundering. We use information held about you to:
- process your application and enable you to access and use the services we provide;
- communicate with you by telephone, email, SMS or in writing;
- assess your creditworthiness and affordability to make lending decisions and for the prevention of fraud and money laundering (including making searches through CRAs and FPAs);
- verify your identity;
- apply scoring methods to assess your application;
- manage your account and recover any debt you owe us which may include tracing your whereabouts;
- develop, improve and update our products;
- contact you to offer products that you may be interested in (where we have your consent to do so);
- conduct statistical analysis;
- notify you of any changes to our service; and
- comply with our regulatory obligations.
Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Act. Please note that we may use your information in the ways set out above using automated processes.
We will retain your information (securely stored) for a maximum period of six years or for as long as the law requires.
We recognise the need to protect and manage your personal and financial information appropriately. All information you provide to us is, as far as reasonably practicable, stored on our secure servers. In addition, any financial information, such as debit card numbers, will be encrypted using secure algorithms within the database. We ask you not to permit anyone to use your name.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use secure socket layer (“SSL”) encryption technology and store data in encrypted form, we also control access to data. All our security systems and procedures meet or exceed industry standards, and we constantly monitor technological and internet developments to ensure our system security is up to date.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. In addition:
- You must never tell another individual your log-in details (nor other codes that protect access to your account) or write them down without disguising them. When you enter our Site, we will assume it is you if the information provided on log-in is correct.
- You must tell us immediately if you suspect that someone else knows your log-in details that protect access to your account or can use Uncle Buck’s services by impersonating you. Until you tell us, you will be responsible for any instruction which we receive and act on, even if it was not given by you and we will not be responsible for any unauthorised access to confidential information about you on our website
Countries within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) are required to have a similar standard of protection of personal data. We may transfer data outside the EEA but will ensure that before we do so, there is adequate protection in place to ensure the security of your data, in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
We may disclose your personal information when we employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters such as payment handling, credit checking, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing.
We may give information about you and how you manage your account to the following:
- law enforcement agencies in circumstances where we are required to do so by law;
- persons and legal entities which provide a service to us or are acting as our agents, on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential and secure; and
- CRAs and FPAs (see section 8 below).
We may also disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- if Uncle Buck or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- in order to comply with any legal obligations, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Uncle Buck, our customers, or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We may contact you by email about products, services and offers of ours that might be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional and marketing communications from us at any time and can contact us in any way that is convenient to you. You can respond to any of our email communications (or use the unsubscribe link within the email) or send us an email to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can telephone us or update your preference using the live chat facility on www.unclebuck.co.uk. Please include your name and either your postcode or your mobile telephone number in the communication to help us identify you. You can also write to us at Uncle Buck Finance LLP, 707 Churchill Way, Biggin Hill Airport, Westerham, Kent TN16 3BN. We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to authenticate your identity with respect to any such request or other enquiry.
If you opt-out of our use of your data for marketing purposes, we will honour such choice once we have had a reasonable opportunity to process your request.
Where you have given your express consent during the application process, if your loan application is unsuccessful, we may pass your details, including the application details you have already provided, on to Nouveau Finance. Nouveau Finance is a credit broker with a panel of lenders who may be able to provide you with finance in instances where you have been unsuccessful in obtaining a loan from Uncle Buck. If you have provided your consent for your details to be passed to Nouveau Finance, lenders from their panel may therefore contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you, including by post, email, SMS, phone and/or automated message. These lenders may carry out credit searches in order to assess whether they are able to offer you products of services. In passing your details to Nouveau Finance, Uncle Buck is itself acting as a credit broker (i.e. an introducer) and will receive a commission directly from Nouveau Finance following a successful introduction.
Nouveau Finance Limited, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN 727348
You have the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Uncle Buck Finance LLP, 707 Churchill Way, Biggin Hill Airport, Westerham, Kent TN16 3BN. Any access request may be subject to a small statutory fee to meet our costs in providing you with the details of the information we hold about you.
We aim to keep the personal data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate or unnecessary personal data about you, we will correct it promptly or delete it if no longer necessary. Please email us at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address shown above to update your personal data. We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to authenticate your identity with respect to any such request or other enquiry.
If you have any concerns about the information we hold, you should contact the Head of Compliance at Uncle Buck stating what you think the problem is and you will get a response within seven working days. If you feel dissatisfied, you can appeal to the Managing Partner of Uncle Buck Finance LLP by writing to 707 Churchill Way, Biggin Hill Airport, Westerham, Kent TN16 3BN or you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by writing to the Customer Services Team, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF; or by calling 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
As a responsible lender, Uncle Buck Finance LLP has a legal obligation to take steps to ensure that our customers are creditworthy. We use a variety of methods to try and make sure that we do not lend money to people who are in financial difficulty. One of these methods is to carry out a credit reference check. In order to do this, we shall pass the personal data that you provide to us in your loan application to one or more CRAs.
When you apply for a loan, you confirm that all the information you have given is true and complete. You authorise us to check our records about you and others as well as those held by CRAs and FPAs:
- CRAs collect and maintain information on consumers’ and businesses’ credit behaviour on behalf of organisations in the UK
- FPAs collect, maintain and share information on known and suspected fraudulent activity. Some CRAs also act as FPAs.
We will make checks such as assessing your loan application for creditworthiness in accordance with our responsible lending policy (see section 9 below). We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to verify your identity and to manage your account with us.
Information on loan applications and details of your agreement(s) with us (including payment information, any default or suspected fraud) will be sent to CRAs and FPAs and will be recorded by them. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs and may be used and searched by us and other organisations in order to:
- consider applications for credit and credit related services such as insurance for you and any associated person;
- prevent or detect money laundering and fraud;
- trace debtors or recover debts;
- manage your accounts.
When CRAs receive a search from us they place a search “footprint” on your credit file whether or not the application precedes. Records remain on file with CRAs and FPAs for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
You have a right to obtain a copy of your file from CRAs. There are three main CRAs: Callcredit, Equifax and Experian and their contact details are set out below. Uncle Buck uses Callcredit and Perfect Data Solutions Limited (which trades as Lending Metrics).
Consumer Enquiries, One Park Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS3 1EP or call 0330 024 7574 or visit www.callcredit.co.uk
Customer Service Centre, PO Box 10036, Leicester, LF3 4FS or visit www.equifax.co.uk
CreditExpert, PO Box 7710, Nottingham NG80 7WE or call 0344 481 0800 or 0800 013 88 88 or visit www.experian.co.uk
Perfect Data Solutions Limited (trading as LendingMetrics)
Lancaster Court, 8 Barnes Wallis Road, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5TU or visit www.lendingmetrics.com
Please read the following information very carefully:
By submitting your application (moving to “Next Stage”), you acknowledge Uncle Buck will review your application and perform credit and verification checks with CRAs and FPAs to make lending decisions and for the prevention of fraud and money laundering.
If you would like more information or you have any comments about this Policy, please either write to us at Uncle Buck Finance LLP, 707 Churchill Way, Biggin Hill Airport, Westerham, Kent TN16 3BN or email us at email@example.com
You can ask us for a copy of this Policy and of any amended Policy by writing to the above address or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . This Policy applies to personal data we hold about individuals. It does not apply to information we hold about companies and other organisations.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites
Last updated 6 October 2017