Apply Online Now!
Payday Loans from Uncle Buck
- Borrow up to £1,000
- Funds transferred within 15 mins
- Bad credit applicants welcome
- Easy online application – no need to print any forms
- Repay your payday loan over 4 or 6 months
- No guarantor required
- Uncle Buck is a direct lender of payday loans
- Fully UK based service
- No hidden fees or charges
- Lending payday loans online since 2004
- FCA authorised lender (registered number 673545)
- Verified 5 star reviews
What is a Payday Loan?
Payday loans are designed especially to meet the needs of customers with a financial emergency, and who do not have access to traditional forms of credit due to a thin or bad credit score. These types of loans are generally intended for short-term, unexpected expenses, such as a broken-down boiler or urgent car repairs. They are, however, also an expensive form of borrowing.
While no one should rush in to taking out a payday loan, once you have weighed up all the options and decided that a payday loan is right for your circumstances, getting a fast decision and access to the cash quickly can be important.
How Do Payday Loans Work?
Do payday loans affect your credit score?
How much does a payday loan cost?
Why Choose Uncle Buck?
Uncle Buck are the longest standing online payday loan lender and have been offering payday loans since 2004.
Borrow up to £1000
Uncle Buck offers payday loans of up to £1000 with repayment periods of up to 6 months for existing customers. New customers can apply for up to £500 for their first payday loan.
Funds Transferred Within 15 Minutes
Once your payday loan application has been approved, Uncle Buck can transfer the funds directly into your bank account within 15 minutes. If approved outside our funding hours of 6am to 11pm, your funds will be transferred the following day.
Bad Credit Applicants Welcome
Many payday loan customers have bad credit files, however, we believe affordability is more important than a credit score when it comes to making a lending decision. We will review your income and expenditure to ensure that your repayments are affordable and will not leave you in financial hardship, therefore payday loans with bad credit are still an option.
No Guarantor Required
Asking a family member or friend to act as a guarantor for your loan can be awkward, time-consuming and make the application process all the more confusing. At Uncle Buck, we offer no guarantor loans to allow you to apply without having to find a third party to secure your cash.
Uncle Buck is a Direct Lender
The main benefit for customers applying for a payday loan from a direct lender is continuity and, if approved, your details won’t be passed on to other companies. You also only have to deal with us, starting with your application right through to your last repayment. One phone number, one email address and one website, it just makes life easier. If, however, we are unable to offer you a payday loan, we will, with your consent, help you to find a payday loan from an alternative lender.
Fully UK Based Service
Based in Dartford, Kent, Uncle Buck’s UK-based call centre ensures that when you need to call us, you get through to real people that understand your situation.
Uncle Buck is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (673545) and we follow and are bound by their rules regarding short-term loans, which include.
- Interest cap of 0.8% per day
- Any default charges do not exceed £15
- No customer will pay back more than double what they borrowed
Verified 5 Star Reviews
We believe that the best way to judge a company is by listening to their customers, below we display 100’s of 5-star reviews written by verified customers just like you.
Lending Criteria – Am I Eligible for a Payday Loan.
To be eligible for a payday loan online with Uncle Buck, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 18 or over
- Be employed and a resident in the UK
- Have your salary paid directly into your bank account
- Have a valid debit card for this account
- Have a valid email address and mobile phone that we can text a code to
- Confirm that you are not currently signed up to or anticipating entering a Debt Management Plan, Individual Voluntary Arrangement or a debtor under any bankruptcy proceedings
For more information, visit our help and support section.
Can I Repay My Payday Loan Early?
If you wish to repay your payday loan early, you have the legal right to do so. You will not be charged any early exit fees and you will only be charged the daily interest rate as shown in your loan agreement, saving you money on your payday loan. You can clear your account early at any time and can do so by calling or emailing our customer services team.
Responsible Payday Loans
We are committed to treating our customers fairly and will always put them at the heart of everything we do. We invest a lot of time in training and developing our team, so you can be assured they will listen to your query and respond appropriately. We continually review the feedback we receive and act on this, so we are confident of giving our customers what they want in the payday loan products we offer. Our complaints procedure is easily accessible on our website and made available to customers at the point of sale should anyone be dissatisfied with the service they have received.
We are members of the CFA, CCTA and uphold the Good Practice Customer Charter and Addendum to Code of Practice. This Charter gives you, the customer, enhanced protections over and above those required in law and our abidance of the Charter demonstrates our responsibilities as a payday loans direct lender.
The Risks and Benefits of Payday Loans
It’s important to remember that every borrowing decision you make should be fully considered before applying.
- There may be cheaper, more-suitable borrowing options available to you.
- Our loans are for short term use only and should never be used to manage pre-existing debt.
- Missed or late payments may incur a default late penalty charge if the amount is still missing 3 days after the repayment date. We will also inform Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) of any missed payments which may make finding approval for a loan more difficult in the future.
- If your loan fall into arrears, you may still be charged the default interest.
- Becoming reliant on high cost short-term borrowing, without taking steps to reorganise your finances, can lead to serious financial difficulties.
- No long-term commitment; Maximum 6 month repayment period.
- Straightforward online application which allows you to apply wherever you might be.
- A legal right to settle early in full or in part during term of loan.
- Continuous Payment Authority (CPA) collects your repayments straight from your account, so you don’t have to worry about contacting us on your pay date.
- A fast lending decision; No waiting around to hear whether or not you’ve been accepted for a loan.
For further information on the risks and benefits of our payday loans, visit our dedicated page.