Whether it’s an unexpected utility bill or a broken-down car, an unplanned-for expense can cause plenty of problems, especially if you currently lack the money to cover the costs. When faced with such a situation, considering the options of short-term lenders could be a suitable solution.
Apply Online Now!
What is a Short-Term Lender?
As the name might suggest, short-term lenders offer short-term loans. These loans are designed to be paid back over a number of months rather than over years. As a short-term lender, we at Uncle Buck offer online short-term loans to help cover unexpected costs. Our loans are available simply by completing our straightforward application process and undertaking a quick affordability check.
When borrowing from short-term lenders, it’s clear who you are borrowing money from, unlike with a broker. When you apply for a loan with a broker, they will often approach numerous other short-term lenders who could all conduct their own hard searches on you. This activity will often leave a footprint on your credit report and could end up negatively affecting your credit rating.
Short-Term Lending from Uncle Buck
If you’re looking for short-term lending options, then Uncle Buck can help. We offer short-term loans of up to £500 for first-time borrowers for periods of 4 or 6 months. As part of your application process, we ask a few straightforward questions regarding your employment, residency status and relevant banking details. If successful, your money could be transferred to your account in under 15 minutes.
We also ask that all those who apply for a short-term loan with Uncle Buck fit the following criteria:
- Over the age of 18
- A UK resident
- In employment
- Have a UK bank account into which a salary is paid
- Have a valid email and working mobile phone
- Not currently in debt management, individual voluntary arrangement or under any bankruptcy proceedings.
Our loans are intended to be used to help cover unexpected short-term expenses and never as a means to pay off pre-existing debt or as a long-term financial solution.
Why Use a Short-Term Lender?
Taking out a loan with a short-term lender such as Uncle Buck brings with it a number of great benefits, including the following:
- No Guarantor: Our short-term loans do not require a guarantor when applied for, so there’s no troubling family or friends to secure your money.
- Bad Credit: We don’t discriminate against those with bad credit, preferring to lend to those who can afford a short-term loan rather than on previous borrowing history.
- Apply whenever, wherever: Our loans are entirely online and can be applied for via mobile, tablet or desktop, so you can apply whether at home or on the go.
- Straightforward Application: Our application process is designed to be as straightforward as possible, so there’s no delay in getting your money.
- Friendly Customer Service: Our UK based customer support team are on hand seven days a week to help with any inquiries you may have.
- Respected in Our Industry: Of all the online short-term lenders currently on the market, we remain the longest standing, which we believe highlights our commitment to exceptional customer standards and responsible lending.
Please keep in mind that our loans are designed for overcoming a short-term cash-flow crisis and are not intended for long-term financial difficulties. Our product may not be right for you if your circumstances allow you to wait until your next payday. If you are seeking a loan for a longer period of time, then you may be able to access cheaper credit elsewhere.
At Uncle Buck, we’ve been offering fair and transparent short-term loans since 2004 to borrowers from across the UK. To apply for an Uncle Buck short-term loan today, click the Apply Now button.
If you have any questions regarding our short-term loans, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prefer to speak with a member of our friendly UK-based customer service team? Then call us today on 01959 543 400. We are open seven days a week Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 21:30 and on Saturdays & Sundays from 09:00 – 18:00