If you are looking for a quick, one-off financial solution to cover your emergency expenses, then you have come to the right place.
At Uncle Buck we understand that, from time to time, an unexpected or emergency situation might occur when you are already short on cash. At times like these, you may need a short-term financial solution to not only help you cope with those expenses but also to help you through the rest of the month. Our short-term loans are designed for just that, but one question you might be asking is: “Am I eligible for a payday loan from Uncle Buck?”.
Not sure whether you will be granted a short-term loan because of your poor credit rating? Download our eBook for guidance on how to build and improve your credit score.
To help you understand whether or not you are eligible for a short-term loan with Uncle Buck, we have put this blog together.
Who do we lend to?
Our lending solutions are completely transparent and clearly detail information in relation to costs and the consequences of being unable to repay. We take such steps that are appropriate and proportionate to these costs to ensure that we lend responsibly and that you – the customer – borrow responsibly. Prior to taking out a loan with us, we make certain that customers have an appropriate understanding of their responsibilities and the consequences arising from non-payment. We will also conduct regular reviews on each customer’s account history to ensure they are not becoming ‘dependent’ on short-term credit to meet their day-to-day expenditure and will take measures to support them.
Your eligibility for a short-term payday loan with Uncle Buck is based on whether or not you:
- Are aged 18 or over
- Are employed and resident in the UK
- Have your salary paid directly into your bank account and have a valid debit card for this account
- Have a valid email address and mobile phone that we can text a code to
- Can confirm that you are not currently signed up to or anticipating entering a Debt Management Plan, Individual Voluntary Arrangement or debtor under any bankruptcy proceedings
We want to help people manage their financial situations effectively – and providing you meet our eligibility criteria as outlined above and pass our thorough affordability and credit checks, we are happy to lend to you
The above terms and processes assist us to ensure that we do not lend to you irresponsibly and that you are in a position where you can pay the loan back.
Who we don’t lend to
In order to ensure we meet our responsible lending criteria, we will not lend to you if:
- You have told us you have long-term financial difficulty and are looking for debt management assistance
- Our credit assessment indicates that you may not be able to meet the loan repayment schedule
- You want to take out another loan with us whilst you have an outstanding loan with us
- Identity/address checks fail on validation, e.g. through Credit Reference Agency (CRA) checks
- You are on benefits, such as Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA) or unemployed
- Our system indicates that your loan history is poor
- You are not paid by direct deposit
Our eligibility criteria and tests are not designed to dismiss customers but to ensure that we can lend to you responsibly and that you borrow responsibly.
To find out more about who we do and don’t lend to, please see our application support page.
At Uncle Buck, we also appreciate the fact that financial mistakes can happen. As a result, we take a broader view of your overall ability to repay your loan. However, if you are still not sure whether you will be granted a short-term loan because of your poor credit rating – why not download our latest eBook, and find out how you can improve your credit score in the long run.