If you are searching for a quick, one-off financial solution to cover your emergency expenses, then Uncle Buck could help.
We understand that, from time to time, an unexpected or emergency situation might occur when you are struggling for cash. At times like these, you may need a short-term financial solution to not only help you cope with those expenses but also to help you through the rest of the month.
When faced with such a situation, it’s not unusual to have questions you want answering before you apply.
So if you find yourself asking ‘Am I eligible for a payday loan? Then we can help.
Not sure whether you might be granted a short-term loan because of your poor credit rating? Our eBook can help. Download today for practical advice on how to build and improve your credit score.
Who Do We Lend to?
Our lending solutions are completely transparent and detail information concerning costs and the consequences of being unable to repay. We take such steps that are appropriate and proportionate to these costs to ensure that we lend responsibly and that you – the customer – borrow responsibly. Before taking out a loan with us, we make certain that customers have an appropriate understanding of their responsibilities and the consequences arising from non-payment. We conduct regular reviews on customer’s account history to ensure they are not becoming ‘dependent’ on short-term credit to meet their day-to-day expenditure and will take measures to support them.
Your eligibility for a short-term loan with Uncle Buck is based on whether or not you:
- Are aged 18 or over
- Are employed in and a resident in the UK
- Have your salary paid directly into your bank account and have a valid debit card for this account
- Have a valid email address and a mobile phone
- Can confirm that you are not currently signed up to or anticipating entering a debt management plan, Individual Voluntary Arrangement or debtor under any bankruptcy proceedings
We want to help people manage their financial situations effectively – and providing you meet our eligibility criteria outlined above and pass our thorough affordability and credit checks, we are happy to lend to you.
The above terms and processes assist us to ensure we do not lend to you irresponsibly and that you are in a position where you can pay the loan back.
Who We Don’t Lend to
To ensure we meet our responsible lending criteria, we will not lend to you if:
- You have told us you have long-term financial difficulty and are looking for debt management assistance
- Our credit assessment indicates that you may not be able to meet the loan repayment schedule
- You want to take out another loan with us whilst you have an outstanding loan with us
- Identity/address checks fail on validation, e.g. through Credit Reference Agency (CRA) checks
- You are unemployed or on benefits, such as Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Our system indicates that your loan history is poor
- You are not paid by direct deposit
Our eligibility criteria and tests are not designed to dismiss customers but to ensure that we can lend to you responsibly.
To find out more about who we do and don’t lend to, please visit our application support page.
At Uncle Buck, we also appreciate the fact that financial mistakes can happen. As a result, we take a broader view of your overall ability to repay your loan. However, if you are still not sure if you will be granted a short-term loan because of your poor credit rating – why not download our latest eBook and find out how you can improve your credit score in the long run.
Questions about our short-term payday loans? Simply call our helpful customer support team on 01959 543400 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.